100 S. Jackson
Courthouse, Room 5
McLeansboro, IL 62859
Phone: (618) 643-3522 Fax: (618) 643-2390
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
(Lunch 12:00 - 1:00)
Hamilton County Health Department is dedicated to working with individuals, other health care providers, community agencies and organizations, and the community at large--to monitor, guard, improve and protect health and safety in our community.
- Plan for Prevention Health Needs of Community: collect and assess community health data, develop policies and programs based on community need, and work with other providers to assure community health needs are being met.
- Monitor and Respond to Disease Outbreaks: collect information on all communicable disease cases and who their contacts are, to limit and prevent the spread of disease.
- Plan for and respond to a disaster or bioterrorism event in our community: work with other agencies and health care and emergency response professionals to plan for a unified response to disaster.
- Protect the Environment: inspect and license all food services, private sewage systems and private water sources.
- Provide Clinical Preventive Services: immunizations and screenings are provided with a focus on individuals underserved by the private system.
- Provide prevention education to help individuals stay healthy.
- Assist targeted high risk groups in seeking medical and social services.